HeyScottie's Class II and III Anodize (204-R1 Clear) Warranty
These Terms and Conditions are abbreviated from HeyScottie’s Standard Terms and Conditions (Ts and Cs). Please refer to HeyScottie’s Ts and Cs for more detail. In the event of a discrepancy between these terms and the terms stated in the Ts and Cs, the Ts and Cs shall take precedence.
HeyScottie warrants the finish of Class II and III anodize for a period of 1 year from the date of product shipment when applied to aluminum units or parts. HeyScottie warrants that for 1 year after the date of product shipment the applied finish:
- A) Will resist cracking, crazing, flaking or blistering.
- B) Will not chalk in excess of ASTM D-4214-89 number eight (8) rating, determined by the procedure outlined in ASTM D-4214-89 specification test.
- C) Will not change color more than five (5) Delta-E Hunter units (square root of the sum of square Delta E, Delta A and Delta B) as determined by ASTM method D-2244.
Any units or parts, which prove defective during the warranty period, will be repaired or replaced at HeyScottie’s option when returned to the factory, transportation prepaid. HeyScottie will not be held responsible for costs associated with installation or removal of product(s).
HeyScottie’s limited warranties are not applicable when failure is caused by events that cannot be controlled by Hey Scottie. These include, but are not limited to:
Damage by mishandling, including, but not limited to:
- Damage during shipping, processing or installation
- Improper storage or packaging of the anodized part or unit
- Any form of negligence, misuse, abuse, or abrasion
- Finish deterioration originating from unpainted or exposed metal
- Sustained water or condensation damage
- A corrosive atmosphere
Failure due to improper usage and/or application
Material incompatibilities, including but not limited to:
- Corrosion of the metal substrate, for any reason
- Incompatibility between materials, such as galvanic corrosion
- Defects in the metal or fabrication (e.g. die lines, pitting, travel marks, etc.)
- Welding, forming or bending post anodizing
- Previously finished material
- Acts of God
- Acts of nature
- Acts of aggression or terrorism by any person or entity.
The legal remedies described in this Limited Warranty are the sole exclusive remedy of Customer. This limited warranty will be void if the Customer has not paid for the anodizing in full.
This limited warranty is extended solely to the Customer. It is nontransferable and non-assignable, and the Customer shall not permit or authorize its employees, agents, representatives or customers to claim, represent or imply that this limited warranty extends or is available to anyone other than the Customer. In the event of material breach by the Customer of any of the conditions of this warranty, HeyScottie shall have no liability for any product failure claims.